Together, we can create a safer Tennessee.
Firearm violence is the number one killer of children in Tennessee, taking more lives than car accidents. Our state has the 9th highest rate of firearm violence in the US. Your support will help fuel our advocacy efforts to find common ground and encourage state policymakers to:
- Pass temporary transfer laws that allow authorities to temporarily restrict access to firearms from people who pose a risk to themselves or others
- Pass stronger firearm storage laws that require firearm owners to provide secure storage and report lost or stolen firearm
- Require consistent background checks across more firearm transactions to help keep firearms away from dangerous people who are not legally allowed to own them
Donations of all amounts will make a difference as we join together to expand our impact. Thank you for being a Voice for a Safer Tennessee.
Give online or by mailing a check made
out to “Voices for a Safer Tennessee” to:
4117 Hillsboro Pike
Nashville TN 37215
Voices for a Safer Tennessee Community Education Fund (501c3)
This fund is hosted by the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and the resources are focused on:
- Communication to our coalition to educate their communities on firearm safety.
- Visibility materials to spread wareness about Safer TN (buttons, posters for businesses, legislative presence signs, yard signs, and billboards to come).
- Public Safety Announcements (PSAs) on TV and streaming online related to our policy priorities.
- Policy research and polling on firearm safety proposals.
Donations to this fund are tax deductible as charitable contributions as defined by the IRS.
Voices for a Safer Tennessee Advocacy Fund (501c4)
This fund is internal to Safer TN and the resources are focused on:
- Engaging professional lobbyists to advance our policy priorities at the TN General Assembly.
- Targeted communication (direct mail, email, social media ads, and door to door canvassing) related to constituents contacting elected officials about filed legislation.
- Funding a Political Action Committee (PAC) that will donate to the campaigns of incumbent elected officials and candidates who support pragmatic firearm safety policies.
Voices for a Safer Tennessee is a 501(c)4 organization. Contributions to civic leagues or other section 501(c)(4) organizations generally are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses, if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer’s business. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.